National Mutual Benefit is a non-profit life insurance company that is proud of its 115 years of giving to communities. We strengthen our members through charitable, educational and volunteer programs while offering financial security through high quality insurance products and services.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees including:
- Group health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid disability income coverage
- Company 401(k) contribution
- 401(k) pre-tax contribution option
- Roth contribution option
- Generous vacation, sick and holidays
- Good work-life balance
- Business casual attire Monday-Thursdays and jeans on Fridays.
- Review/analyze and assist as needed with the annual and quarterly financial statements, including the supplemental state filings
- Prepare and analyze financial reports for the CFO and Board including the annual budget. Also, develop cost center expense and budget reporting for various managers.
- Analyze cash flows and prepare cash flow projections
- Implement and develop reporting for financial projections
- Various reconciliations of general ledger and bank accounts
- Prepare and analyze the IRS 990 filing
- Coordinate the external and state audits/examinations
- Review and/or prepare the subsidiary accounting, financial statements and annual tax returns
- Along with the Payroll Administrator, prepare biweekly and monthly payroll including verifying adjustments
- Must be a self-starter who is very organized, detail-oriented, analytical and able to undertake and prioritize multiple projects
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with policyholders, field personnel, accounting team and other departments
- Must meet deadlines consistently
- Advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains a plus
- Works well independently and also in a team setting
Salary Range: $45,000 - $70,000 per year
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: Three years accounting experience
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources (click here). Please indicate salary requirements.
People Helping People
National Mutual Benefit's motto is People Helping People in Time of Need, and no group of people better exemplifies this than our Home Office employees. NMB focuses on finding candidates that are interested in helping others, even if it means going the extra mile. Employment with NMB also offers ample company-sponsored community service opportunities.
For additional information, please contact Human Resources.