MEMBER RETENTION SPECIALIST
|Title:||MEMBER RETENTION SPECIALIST||
This position works in cooperation with the Conservation Manager at National Mutual Benefit. The individual in this position will work with in-force life insurance policies and annuity contracts with the goal of maintaining coverages and preserving these contracts for members of National Mutual Benefit. In comparison with the role of the Marketing Department, which seeks to bring in business to the company, the role of the Conservation Department is to retain our business and provide service to these policy owners.
- Utilize insurance and product knowledge – to diagnose policy situations to develop options to sustain insurance coverages for our members.
- Provide professional service to our policyholders. Most of the work will be via telephone and through emails, either during business hours, or in evening/weekend hours. Some transactions require personal appointments, involving travel to a member’s home or other meeting place.
- Some travel can be involved.
- Research the product being worked on for understanding and analysis.
- Maintain paper and electronic files by documenting contacts and actions.
- Provide assistance and work in cooperation with field representatives, managers and agency office staff members. (Preparing reproposals, performing policy research, and offering suggestions & guidance are examples.)
- Have contact with and work with Home Office department staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of policy and policy owner information.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma. College education/degree is a plus.
- Must hold a Wisconsin insurance license (Life and Accident & Health lines) Obtaining non-resident licenses in other states would be acquired on a needs basis. It is essential to adhere to the requirements of all insurance department regulations and laws.
- Have or become knowledgeable about NMB’s products as well as forms and procedures used in administering these products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to use technology to manage information efficiently.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Good communicator – with tact and professionalism – is required.
- Be a self-starter – able to work independently and also in collaboration with H.O. and field staff.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources (click here).
People Helping People
National Mutual Benefit's motto is People Helping People in Time of Need, and no group of people better exemplifies this than our Home Office employees. NMB focuses on finding candidates that are interested in helping others, even if it means going the extra mile. Employment with NMB offers these unique features:
- Cooperative work atmosphere that promotes professionalism, respect, trust, and open lines of communication.
- 36-hour workweeks, featuring 5-hour Fridays
- Business-casual atmosphere (as well as "Jean Fridays")
- Ample company-sponsored community service opportunities
NMB offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, including:
- Group insurance, including life and health
- Vision and dental voluntarily available
- Disability Income Coverage
- 401(k) Pre-Tax Contribution Option
- Company 401(k) Contribution
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Free on-site parking
For additional information, please contact Human Resources.