National Mutual Benefit has a proud history of helping others and giving back to the communities where our members live. We have branches throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, North Dakota, and South Dakota that regularly organize and participate in activities and programs that encourage togetherness, community support, and family fun.
Since 1902, NMB has never lost sight of its motto, People Helping People in Time of Need. Our branches are dedicated to volunteer efforts throughout the communities we serve. NMB organizes and participates in fundraisers to assist individuals in need, supports community improvement activities, and works to assist nonprofit organizations and community relief efforts.
NMB works to provide social outlets that promote family fun. Branches often hold organized activities designed to bring families together and create lasting memories. Some of these activities include picnics, water park outings, and sporting events. These outings allow our members to socialize, meet new people, and build relationships.
Patriotism and honoring our nation’s flag have been a foundation of National Mutual Benefit’s mission since the very beginning. NMB promotes both national and local patriotic programs for members, schools, and communities. These programs include:
- Providing flags for youth and community programs
- Donating flags to non-profit organizations
- Observing Flag Day (June 14)
- Supporting Stony Hill School, the one-room schoolhouse in Fredonia, Wisconsin, recognized as the birthplace of National Flag Day
- Providing educational materials about the history of Flag Day and U.S. flag etiquette